Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Ideas!
Hey guys..

I'm coding this forum for all of us who watch the QI stream,.. and while I'm doing so any ideas for forum categories,.. or ideas for anything at all are welcome.  So post away.  

Make accounts while you are at it, but I've coded things so you can post even as a guest for now, until I get everything finished.  Cool

--Chromatic
I think sections for each of the popular shows would be a good idea,... and for those of us getting into gaming, esp. on Steam -- A Qinteresting Gaming Group area / category would be fun. Smile
defniitely a place to post funny videos and pictures! thanks
Yeah I gaming forum is a must.
Also a general hangout forum to talk about different bits of lifes other bits. Cars, computers/technology, Music, etc.
--Added at:
--
maybe a dropdown menu to change the theme of the board. Basically the colors. cause I have sore eyes anyway and a white bright background hurts sometimes.
Plus all the usual bots and a trivia app Big Grin
oh and my best suggestion yet, make me a Mod, lol, jk. maybe not... who knows.... lol.
(sorry, I havent sleep in 3 days and im feelin goofy as hell)
and maybe there is a way we can develop a radio station that works on links posted by members from youtube ?
Cool
another Forum Idea to help Mods and Admins would be a help wanted forum, listing some of the things the members are doing that they would like help with.
(01-30-2015, 09:09 AM)Rosencrantz Wrote:  --
maybe a dropdown menu to change the theme of the board. Basically the colors. cause I have sore eyes anyway and a white bright background hurts sometimes.

I'll take care of the themes.  If you explore the User CP you may find some other themes to your liking.  Though I will definitely be changing the looks up a bit.  I'll make another topic for preferred color options to get feedback on.  (My eyes are sensitive too.. and this white is a bit much lol )  But remember I'm in the middle of coding PHP here.. so it's early dev.. but the bones are here and I work fast  Tongue

(01-30-2015, 09:21 AM)Dennylouie Wrote:  Plus all the usual bots and a trivia app Big Grin

Hahaha.. Well this IS a forum.  I'll look into what I can do ,.. but this isn't a real time thing,.. so I may can come up with some sort of trivia type of thing that is done post by post.  But like the bots , I'll be adding neat stuff to this forum all the time.   After I get the main forum going as forums should be,.. I'll put in a real time chat in the forum itself up top for people to chat that are on the forum itself.  (You know Qinteresting needs another chat hahah)

(01-30-2015, 09:25 AM)Dennylouie Wrote:  and maybe there is a way we can develop a radio station that works on links posted by members from youtube ?
Cool

Interesting idea.  I like it.  Will take some thought, but very cool.  Something to play in the background.  But a stickied thread of "What are you listening to Now?" is a good start to post youtube videos (they will embed here, so you can just click them here and not have to go to youtube itself).   

(01-30-2015, 09:31 AM)plactoid Wrote:  another Forum Idea to help Mods and Admins would be a help wanted forum, listing some of the things the members are doing that they would like help with.

Nice idea!!  Will definitely make this category -- as in QI chat we have people talking computers, cars, and medical all the time.. and for instance say someone needs a computer built,.. or has questions about a part, problem, etc we have plenty who can help with that.  We have graphic people too.. which I could use for the logo up in the top left corner.. the one there now is literally a 10 second one made just to be temporary.  As much as he is a nut.. Facesfaces could probably design a killer Qinteresting graphic for the forum logo in 10 minutes with his photoshop skills.  YoYo can also do the graphical.. 

*I* could use a person who is a fantastic Web site coder.. to redo a design for the sites Video and chats -- and make the site start with a front page that has a cool unique design to select the video stream with chats,.. the forum, ... and other pages I have in my brain to make.  But I can squeek by if no one has the ability in our community on the channel.  I am adept with coding up Forums though.. So other than a logo or two .. I can get the rest of a Forum going no problem.  If I do logos myself,.. it just takes me a lot longer  Dodgy Big Grin 

Keep the suggestions coming!
Ideas:

1. Category for Each Show.
2. Show suggestions
3. Watercooler - for randm chatting
4. Introduce yourself
5. Wanted / For Sale
6. Gear/Petrol Head Garage (Corner?)
7. Computer Talk
8. Funny Papers
9. Mods Only
10. Graphics Hut - for those of us that like graphics, a place to share any 'fan art' for the various shows.

I'll probably think of a few more, I'll post them when I do.
--Added at:
--
(01-30-2015, 10:03 AM)Administrator Wrote:  
(01-30-2015, 09:09 AM)Rosencrantz Wrote:  --

I'll take care of the themes.  If you explore the User CP you may find some other themes to your liking.  Though I will definitely be changing the looks up a bit.  I'll make another topic for preferred color options to get feedback on.  (My eyes are sensitive too.. and this white is a bit much lol )  But remember I'm in the middle of coding PHP here.. so it's early dev.. but the bones are here and I work fast  Tongue

(01-30-2015, 09:21 AM)Dennylouie Wrote:  Plus all the usual bots and a trivia app Big Grin

Hahaha.. Well this IS a forum.  I'll look into what I can do ,.. but this isn't a real time thing,.. so I may can come up with some sort of trivia type of thing that is done post by post.  But like the bots , I'll be adding neat stuff to this forum all the time.   After I get the main forum going as forums should be,.. I'll put in a real time chat in the forum itself up top for people to chat that are on the forum itself.  (You know Qinteresting needs another chat hahah)

(01-30-2015, 09:25 AM)Dennylouie Wrote:  and maybe there is a way we can develop a radio station that works on links posted by members from youtube ?
Cool

Interesting idea.  I like it.  Will take some thought, but very cool.  Something to play in the background.  But a stickied thread of "What are you listening to Now?" is a good start to post youtube videos (they will embed here, so you can just click them here and not have to go to youtube itself).   

(01-30-2015, 09:31 AM)plactoid Wrote:  another Forum Idea to help Mods and Admins would be a help wanted forum, listing some of the things the members are doing that they would like help with.

Nice idea!!  Will definitely make this category -- as in QI chat we have people talking computers, cars, and medical all the time.. and for instance say someone needs a computer built,.. or has questions about a part, problem, etc we have plenty who can help with that.  We have graphic people too.. which I could use for the logo up in the top left corner.. the one there now is literally a 10 second one made just to be temporary.  As much as he is a nut.. Facesfaces could probably design a killer Qinteresting graphic for the forum logo in 10 minutes with his photoshop skills.  YoYo can also do the graphical.. 

*I* could use a person who is a fantastic Web site coder.. to redo a design for the sites Video and chats -- and make the site start with a front page that has a cool unique design to select the video stream with chats,.. the forum, ... and other pages I have in my brain to make.  But I can squeek by if no one has the ability in our community on the channel.  I am adept with coding up Forums though.. So other than a logo or two .. I can get the rest of a Forum going no problem.  If I do logos myself,.. it just takes me a lot longer  Dodgy Big Grin 

Keep the suggestions coming!

Absolutely! Just need an idea of what you want. I would be curious to see what faces could come up with though.

Cool

QI Stream - http://www.Qinteresting.com

QI - Qinteresting Forum(s) - http://www.Qinteresting.com/forum/

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon