Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

iPhone Tweaks, Tips and Hacks
Just wanted to start a thread for iPhone users that jailbreak their phones.

Feel free to post sites, apps, etc. here.

I'll start.

For those that don't want to go to 8.1.3 and be able to jailbreak, Apple is still allowing updates to 8.1.2. However you'll have to download the ipsw (IPhone SoftWare) from ipsw.me as you can't get it through iTunes anymore.

To do a manual update, hold shift when you cilck on "restore iphone" and then browse to the saved 8.1.2 ipsw file.

You can get your phone's ipsw version here: ipsw.me.

If you're not sure if your phone is GSM or CDMA or whatever, there is a guide on Apple's website here.

Be advised, Apple won't leave the window open to update to 8.1.2 forever. It can close any day now.

Then there are other ways, none that I've tested, that you can update to 8.1.3 and then downgrade to 8.1.2 and then use pangu's jailbreak app.

To get the jailbreak app, and watch a video on how to do it, go here That's Sinful Iphone, one of the best iOS JB sites out there.

QI Stream - http://www.Qinteresting.com

QI - Qinteresting Forum(s) - http://www.Qinteresting.com/forum/

Thanks YoYo..

I have not updated my Iphone 5 from 8.1 just in case I want to jailbreak it in the future.

Here is the about screen:

[Image: iphone_about_eightpointone.png]

Thing is,.. when the jailbreak first came out for 8.x I ran it.. and then had the phone at 100% and over night while sleeping I woke up to a completely dead and off phone. So I immediately removed the jailbreak.

I don't like the Pangu stuff,.. much prefer the Evasion crew (US) jailbreaks. Not sure why that jailbreak caused the battery to die so quickly,.. but it wasn't worth it. I have a few other Iphone 4's all jailbroken and they work wonderfully.

QI Stream - www.Qinteresting.com

QI - Qinteresting Forum(s) - www.Qinteresting.com/forum/

Haven't heard anything from evasion since their last jb awhile ago. And pangu fixed their battery drain issue. I'll charge mine up, shut down all apps and see what it has in the AM. Usually loses charge at a normal rate (as far as I can tell) throughout the day. Will be interesting to see what it does overnight.

QI Stream - http://www.Qinteresting.com

QI - Qinteresting Forum(s) - http://www.Qinteresting.com/forum/

(02-08-2015, 12:28 AM)YoYo3172 Wrote:  Haven't heard anything from evasion since their last jb awhile ago.  And pangu fixed their battery drain issue.  I'll charge mine up, shut down all apps and see what it has in the AM.  Usually loses charge at a normal rate (as far as I can tell) throughout the day.  Will be interesting to see what it does overnight.

So what were the results?

They recognized a battery drain issue post 8.1.x release of Pangu?

Hope im not kidnapping the thread but as an Android fan. (But im not anti iPhone like most though)
I just have some questions.
How long is the battery life, while using it (some)?
How fast is the camera from lock?

And why get an iPhone if you're gonna put custom firmware on it?

Oh and do you guys/gals know why it was called jailbreaking?! Because isn't that because Apple wanted to put people in jail whom customized their firmware?

ps. I've got a Sammy S6 edge plus. Also rooted (same as jailbraeking).
And i've always rooted my hpones and put custom firmware on it. So i won't mind questions.
Nah..

Battery life is good.. I have a couple Iphone 4's, a 5s, and a 6s -- But my primary phone is the 6s now.. It will go 14 hours 'talking' constantly.. the plus doubles this (the huge one) -- Internet use constant if you never stopped is 10 - 11 hours. HD Video playback 11 hours, Audio playback 50 hours, and Standby time is 10 days (1.5 weeks).

I keep mine charged in car, and so on.. but it will go several days with normal usage without dying on me. As with anything it's how hard/much you use it . I'd say battery life is comparable to any Android phone really.. especially of similar size/thickness.

I am not locked to apple or anything.. I use all OS's -- I have Android phones and an Android Nexus 7 Tablet I use everyday,.. (rooted, among other things) -- I don't bother to jail break my regular Iphone 6s -- just nothing I need it opened up to do.. I have an Iphone 4 jailbroken because it's a display for a radar/laser detection system in my car and being jailbroken it's easier to have it automate commands when I turn the ignition key -- (It powers up, opens up, etc automatically.. and then closes itself down automatically with ignition off) -- A lot of this can be done without being jailbroken now though.

How fast is camera from lock? ermm.. not sure what you mean here. How fast can you access it ? -- The camera is on the lock screen if that says anything -- But I'd say 1-2 seconds? Camera is really ,really good with the iphone's.. both stills and video (4K) and/or 120 or 240 Frames per second video.

Thanks for the info.
But why i asked was to get some real users info and not those useless numbers from the adds.
Because 1,5 weeks standby sounds like bullshit to me. At least not with a Sim-card in.
And yes about the camera i ment te speed/time it takes from standby/screen off to having the picture taken. (Specialy considering almost every phone has a camera shortcut on the lockscreen).
And some newer Sony's are crazy fast as in half a second from standby. So i was wondering. But it seem that Apple isnt as much running on old hardware anymore. They used to be in the iPhone 3 era.
I hear you. The camera is fast.. and it's always been a fairly "monster" resource intensive app.. as it loads the actual camera, video camera, and your photo roll into RAM (among other processes).. all that has to happen between the time you click the icon and it opens and is READY to use. I've notice some delay on the camera app on older iphones,.. nothing ridiculous but noticeable.. but even the 5s and this 6s I now am using .. if anyone complains about x ms .. come on lol. The cameras in our phones these days are amazing if you think about it. The quality, the ability in FPS, resolution (quality), advanced apps to really take control of it if that's your thing. Unless you are into photography.. you can't really beat your phone for pictures now.. or it's just not worth the hassle of maybe a little higher resolution for a bulky DSLR hand held camera -- When you are already shooting 4K resolution.. I mean come on. Smile

Battery times I can't honestly help that much. As I tend to keep mine charged -- Though I'll leave it 2-3 days without charging it under normal use and it's still 40%+ -- So battery life is fine.. if you watch youtube videos or netflix etc on your phone constantly obviously that won't be the case.. but what phone or laptop for that matter can watch video for hours on end for days and days on end without needing to be recharged?

The biggest thing with phone batteries is just the tech.. the lithium ion batteries wearing down over time. Always happens,.. gradually then it gets to a point after say 2 years or so where you'll go to 80% charge then it drops like a rock from there. Luckily it's very quick and easy to change batteries yourself. But that brings up battery technology.

We've been on Lithium Ion for a LONG time now -- we are Wayyyy over due for a new technology that did what Lithium Ion did against NiCad in terms of holding a charge/life. That is coming, and when these super capacitors hit the market our battery lifes will shoot up 10-20x+ if not 100x. Whomever comes up with it ( I know a lot of promising techs are already thought of) and mass markets it (and companies adopt it) -- will make a fortune (Billions).

(07-06-2016, 11:23 PM)Chromatic Wrote:  -lots of blablabla-

Thanks for the information.
Gotta say though standby of a couple of days is really nice.
If i use it very little i can get a little over 48 hours on my Android phone.

Oh and for everyone keeping your phone charged will save you your battery.
As lithium batteries are not as good to cope with lower amounts of stored energy. The chemical balance goes off, so you're unable to store as much in it the next time your charge it.
Also when storing make sure its at least at 75%-80% so when you want to use it again it wont be useless or worse!
Any (well most) questions about lithium battery i can answer, as i've been using them (and researching online) a lot. Mostly for my RC cars, helicopters or plane.
So i did my diligence in researching them.
(07-17-2016, 07:15 PM)HanZie82 Wrote:  -lots of blahblahblah

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon